Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Singing Sasha

Hello Blogging Audience,

There's a song that we sing sometimes that goes,
"Now I have a purpose, now I have a destiny, You made me for Your glory, You made me for Your glory." 
It's such a fun song. It has a catchy beat and clapping rhythm that is hard not to dance to. It's the kind of song that you sing with a huge smile on your face not only because you're happy but because every other person in the room singing the song is happy too. All of a sudden you realize, "Oh yeah, I'm important!" And it's a good feeling.

Today, however, when we sang it at our Special Needs Malachi 4:6 prayer meeting that we have every Wednesday, I cried. I couldn't help it.
Most of the kids in that room were, at one time, seemingly robbed of all purpose and had no destiny. Some of them had been struggling to survive in little orphanages, alone and forgotten. Some came from the streets where they had been neglected and abused. Some of them had been diagnosed as retarded and unwanted by the world.
I couldn't sing as I looked around at the children that were no longer forgotten, no longer neglected, no long unwanted, singing to Jesus, "You made me for Your glory!" and believing every word of it.
One little boy in particular sings that song with all that he has and it has forever changed my life.

Sasha was adopted from the Ukraine in 2009 with two other boys out of an orphanage where he didn't have much of a chance to live very long. See, Sasha has Spina Bifida and is paralyzed from the waist down. He didn't know how to sing, he was terrified of the dark and he had a lot of healing to do inside from years in a orphanage without a mom and a dad to love him. I didn't know him then, but I know him now and I know that when he sings at the top of his lungs, "Now I have a purpose, now I have a destiny" that I can't keep my tears back.
That little boy, wheelchair bound, totally incapable of doing so many of the things that I take for granted his own, has a purpose. Sickness didn't win. Abandonment didn't win. Neglect didn't win. Fear didn't win. Jesus won. No matter what happens to Sasha now, he will always know that he was made for God's glory. And no matter where I go after this in my life, I will never forget watching Sasha sitting on the floor with a mic in his hand singing, "No one else can love You like I love You, Lord..."

Redemption is so worth it, to see children grab hold of the truth that they have a purpose. To see them live out their destinies that they never would have been able to do unless someone had paid a price for them and brought them into their home.

"My friends, adoption is redemption. It's costly, exhausting, expensive, and outrageous. Buying back lives costs so much. When God set out to redeem us, it killed Him." 
-Derek Loux

Love,
Me 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this so touched my heart... Thank you for sharing this!!!

    ReplyDelete